· Ensures that all patients are correctly and efficiently registered for hospital
services. Gathers and processes all registration, billing and related information
from patients in the Admissions, Outpatient, Radiology areas and/or Emergency
Department. Verifies patient insurance coverage and benefits. Reviews
registration process and flow with patients and families. Continually promotes a
positive patient encounter as the first impression of the Hospital.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
· Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of
· 3 Years experience in a related role. (Required)
· Customer Service Skills
· General Computer Skills
· Medical Terminology
· Organizational Skills
· Strong Communication Skills
· Strong Interpersonal Skills
Registration Customer Service
- Greets every patient and explains the registration process and flow to
promote a full understanding of the process.
- Assists patients with missing required documentation such as pre
certifications, referrals and other insurance information by following up with
Drs offices and other facilities as needed.
- Actively listens to patient to confirm a full understanding of the patients needs
and asks questions as appropriate.
- Identifies any patient requiring financial assistance and directs them to the
Financial Services Department accordingly.
- Handles problems of a sensitive and/or confidential nature in a professional
· Registration - Patient Interviewer / Access Rep
- Properly identifies each patient by interviewing the patient and accurately
obtaining, verifying and recording required information for pre-registration or
registration and billing purposes into the Siemens Registration Systems and
all other systems as required.
- Reviews and obtains all required signatures from patient such as; the
General Treatment Consent, HIPAA and other related documents.
- Requests and collects appropriate payments for patient visits and refers cash
payments to cashier or appropriate contact.
- Prepares and places accurate identification wrist band on patient verifying
- Reviews completed treatment records and logs necessary information.
Ensures that all appropriate forms are included in the patient's chart and
- Accesses daily patient schedules from several computerized scheduling
systems and ensures that all precertification requirements, pre approval/pre
registrations processes are complete and available.
- Verifies medical insurance coverage including effective dates, precertification
requirements, authorization requirements/numbers, pre approval processes
and required submission forms. This can include reverification for follow
All qualified applicants, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org