The Bettinger Company is currently seeking an experience Buyer/Purchaser for a major Healthcare provider’s Corporate Purchasing Department. Job duties and requirements are below.
The Pay for the position will be $35-$40/hour.
- Must have at least 3 years of Buyer/Purchasing experiences
- Strong Customer Service Background
- Experience with Medical Terminology
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
- Experience with PeopleSoft software a huge plus!
- Place orders with vendors; confirm pricing and availability within 3 business days.
- Communicate with requesting departments on any order not meeting delivery requirements.
- Buyer will be detail oriented and possess organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Buyer will be customer service oriented and respond to voice mails and e-mails within 24 hours.
- Buyer will resolve invoice discrepancies for all orders placed and document at least 25 per week.
- Places orders with vendors accurately
- Obtains pricing on product accurately
- Recommends to Contract Manager cost-effective alternatives
- Directs all requisitions to contracted vendors, where applicable
- Performs pricing confirmation
- Process 25 orders per day
- Invoice resolution – daily
- Contacts appropriate person, department or vendor when researching invoice discrepancies
- Buyer is responsible for timely and accurate filing. Buyer will be responsible to keep POs at their desk for 60 days after PO creation date. After the PO has reached 60 days, buyer is responsible to ensure PO is filed accurately in the file storage room.
- Participates in Team meetings and staff meetings
- Tracks phone calls daily on telephone log
- Accepts special assignments as requestedCustomer/Patient Responsibilities:
- Accurate Order Placement within 3 business days
- Expediting of Orders as necessary
- Response to Voice mail and E-mail within 1 business day
- Anticipates customers concerns and needs by asking if they need assistance, as required
- Responds promptly and follows through to meet customer needs, as required
- Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients, visitors, vendors, etc.,
- Demonstrates respect for, all hospital services and personnel
- Performs telephone activities in courteous/professional manner
- Maintains composure, good judgment and acceptable work performance under conditions caused by deadlines, workload, situational crisis, opposition or other causes
If you are interested, please submit your resume to Katie Murphy at Kmurphy@bettingerco.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com