Seeking an experienced Buyer/Purchaser for a major Healthcare provider’s Corporate Purchasing Department located in Center City.
The Pay for the position will be $25-30/hour depending on experience.
· Must have at least 3 years of Buyer/Purchasing experience
· Strong Customer Service Background
· Experience with Medical Terminology
· Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
· Experience with PeopleSoft software and/ or LAWSON a huge plus!
· Must be comfortable with PRODUCTION BASED deadlines and workflow!
· Must be able to process 25 orders per day
· Place orders with vendors; confirm pricing and availability within 3 business days.
· Communicate with requesting departments on any order not meeting delivery requirements.
· Must be detail oriented and possess organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
· Customer service focused able to respond to voice mails and e-mails within 24 hours.
· Resolve invoice discrepancies for all orders placed and documented – 25+ weekly.
· Places orders with vendors accurately
· Obtains pricing on products accurately
· Recommends to Contract Manager cost-effective alternatives
· Directs all requisitions to contracted vendors, where applicable
· Performs pricing confirmation
· Invoice resolution – daily
· Contacts appropriate person, department or vendor when researching invoice discrepancies
· Buyer is responsible for timely and accurate filing. Buyer will be responsible to keep POs at their desk for 60 days after PO creation date. After the PO has reached 60 days, buyer is responsible to ensure PO is filed accurately in the file storage room.
· Participates in Team meetings and staff meetings
· Tracks phone calls daily on telephone log
· Accepts special assignments as requested
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com