JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
Provides clinical nutrition services to patients. Adheres to regulatory standards, departmental and hospital policies and procedures in the execution of assigned duties. Maintains and models the values and service standards in the execution of all assigned duties.
- Completes nutrition assessments of patients within scope of practice of Dietetic Technician-Registered based on screening and documentation guidelines.
- Estimates nutritional intakes of patients. Calculates and documents calorie counts as requested. Assists RDs with data collection as needed.
- Identifies patients in need of in-depth assessment by RD and transfers care appropriately.
- Instructs patients (and/or families, as appropriate) on restricted/special diets or special formulas. Refers for outpatient follow-up as necessary.
- Is knowledgeable regarding nutritional content, sources, and use of commercial supplements, tube feeding, infant formula, and feeding modules (fat, protein, carbohydrate, vitamins, and minerals).
- Inputs data from outpatient diet records on computer for analysis to be completed by outpatient dietitian. Maintain updates and enter new items in Food Processor.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Dietetic Technician-Registered (DTR) through the Commission on Dietetic Registration within six (6) months of placement into position
Location: Media, PA
Send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org