We are looking for an eligibility specialist with a warm and friendly personality to support a nonprofit organization in an office setting. Bilingual (Spanish & English) speakers strongly encouraged to apply! This specialist is responsible for the determination of eligibility of applicants for subsidized childcare services, other resources and referral services, and government programs such as TANF, former TANF and SNAP.PAID cross training is provided, giving you long term skills for professional success!
This is a full-time onsite position – M-F, 8:30am to 5pm, permitting a set schedule with a work/life balance, while also making a real difference in your community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing and reviewing information from applicants to determine eligibility.
- Assisting with the application process as needed, obtaining all necessary paperwork.
- Communicating with applicants, parents and clients via telephone, email, and in-person.
- Maintain complete and accurate files, records, applications, notes, etc. in the database as required by DPW and CPA policies.
Attention to detail, strong communication skills and respect for confidentiality is a must. In addition, applicants should have a working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.Minimum Qualifications: • High school or business school diploma or G.E.D.
• Two years of office experience or relevant experience in early learning, childcare, or government, industry, or human services.
Compensation: Up to $16 an hour with opportunities for growth and career advancement!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org