Medical Billing Requirements
Person must process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards in a manner consistent with the healthcare industry’s numerical coding system.
• Review and address weekly charge edits.
• Troubleshoot and process accounts on the practice work file
• Review and correct daily front end edits with 24 hours
• Review encounter forms for completeness
• Perform departmental billing audit to ensure all billable services were captured
• Proficiency in assigning accurate medical codes for diagnoses, procedures and services performed in the outpatient setting.
• Knowledge of coding rules and regulations along with keeping current on issues regarding medical coding, compliance and reimbursement under outpatient grouping systems.
• Integrate coding and reimbursement rule changes in a timely manner
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology commensurate with ability to correctly code provider services and diagnoses
• A working knowledge in the assignment of ICD-10-CM codes
• Interact with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the department
High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Maintain current membership with the AAPC
Current coding certificate
Must have at least two years medical billing/ coding experience Hours are Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM
This is a long term temporary assignment. Must be able to pass all Background Clearances (FBI, Drug, Occupational Clearances). Please email resume for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com