- Assembles, serves, and preps patient and retail food products.
- Cleans and sanitizes all related equipment using the appropriate methods.
- Displays positive customer service behaviors at all times.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
Licenses & Certifications
- SERVSAFE – ServSafe Certification (Preferred)
- 1 Year experience in a healthcare food service department. (Preferred)
- 1 Year experience in the food service industry. (Preferred)
- Customer Service Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Food Preparation – FSA I
- Prepares food for all patient services and retail operations Complies with production requirements, portion and plating specifications, quality control, and safe food handling techniques.
- Completes cold production of cold food plates, sandwiches, desserts, juices, and/or salads following established production sheets and any needed requests and adhering portioning guidelines.
- Works at assigned station, portioning and placing food and condiments on trays or plates accurately, and In a timely and sanitary manner according to the amounts specified on the menu or production sheet.
- Maintains accurate records of all food produced, leftover, requisitioned, inventoried and distributed out of kitchen.
- Readily relates any compromised food standards to management. Ensures proper tray placement when working tray line.
- Conflict Management – Resolves conflict in the workplace in a manner that is respectful for all individuals involved.
- Uses sound judgment to determine when to request assistance to resolve conflict.
- Listens openly to different opinions. Works to achieve win/win solutions.
Customer Service – Food Service
- Serves employees, guests, patients and co-workers by greeting In a pleasant and respectful manner, displaying positive body language.
- Maintains high standards of customer service during normal operations and high-volume, fast-paced operations.
- Presents themselves in clean, neatly pressed uniforms with ID badge displayed, properly adhering to department dress codes.
- Replies to all questions to the best of their ability. Adheres to customer service scripting when indicated.
- Resolves any problems rapidly utilizing service recovery techniques to ensure a positive customer/patient satisfaction experience. When unsure seeks managerial input.
- Readily interacts with patient/customer to ensure a positive interaction.
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Strives to improve levels of individual, team and organizational performance.
- Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Participates in performance improvement efforts.
- Demonstrates efficient and effective use of organizational resources as well as systems and services
Food Safety & Sanitation
- Works in the dish room with the unloading of returned patient, cafeteria or catering trucks. Scrapes, stacks, and washes all service ware Including dishes, trays and carts.
- Cleans kitchen and cafeteria, equipment, work site areas, customer service areas, storage areas and floors at the end of each meal as assigned following procedural sanitation guidelines.
- Adheres to HACCP procedures regarding proper food handling, food storage, food preparation, and infection control; including hand washing and temperature control and avoidance of cross contamination
- Operates and maintains equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications. Ensures proper sanitation of all equipment and reports any broken equipment to supervisor immediately.
- Immediately reports any food/safety risks or concerns to a supervisor.
Must be able to pass all clearances (Criminal, Drug, Occupational Health). This is a long term temporary assignment with the possibility of permanent employment. Must be able to work flexible shifts.
Please email resume for immediate consideration and Interview.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com