Hospital Custodial Worker
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To create an aesthetically pleasing and clean environment for customers who are the patients, their families, visitors and others making them feel safe, comfortable, and well cared for. The Custodial Worker does this by performing a variety of housekeeping functions including, but not limited to, disinfecting surfaces, polishing surfaces and removing waste. Functions are performed in order to maintain desired Hospital and University standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and appearance as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to operate
- industrial cleaning equipment safely and effectively.
- Ability to problem solve, ability to understand and explain job expectations and duties.
- Exhibits a kind, friendly manner in communication with others, and ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
Previous housekeeping/customer service in healthcare or the hospitality industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to stand for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to walk for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to move arms and hands frequently for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to squat/bend frequently for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds from floor to chest height for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to push one hundred pounds in a wheeled container.
- Ability to push cleaning equipment and furniture without going higher than the above weight.
- Ability to climb a 12-foot ladder.
- Ability to handle, transport, and clean up blood or bloody fluid
Must be able to pass background clearances required to work in a hospital (FBI Clearance, State Background, Drug Screen, Child Abuse, etc.)
Please forward all resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org