Completes standardized cleaning process in rooms, office, department and other secondary area. High dust surfaces above and below shoulder height, clean and sanitize and polish metal and porcelain fixtures in bathroom, empty wastebaskets, replenish room supplies, clean and make beds, clean, carpets and upholstery
- Performs general housekeeping tasks in the cleaning and maintaining of offices, classrooms, cafeterias, auditoriums, shops, multipurpose rooms, lavatories and laboratories, as well as the schoolyard and walkways.
- Sweeps, scrubs, mops, cleans and waxes floors, hallways, stairways, and fire escapes; oil mops floors; removes gum and debris from all surfaces, cleans and dusts walls, lockers, internal/external surfaces, window sills, railings, furniture, fresh air louvers, heating vents, wall trim, locker tops and plumbing fixtures; cleans tiles and windowsills throughout the building.
- Empties wastebaskets and pencil sharpeners; removes graffiti in the interior or exterior of the building when necessary.
- Cleans shower rooms and water fountains; disinfects floors, walls and toilet bowls; polishes fixtures and mirrors; replenishes lavatory supplies such as tissues, towels and soap.
- Maintains janitorial service areas and cleaning equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
o the practices, methods, techniques, tools, materials and equipment, which are essential to housekeeping activities.
o proper cleaning procedures.
o cleaning solvents and equipment.
o the occupational hazards and safety precautions of housekeeping activities.
- Demonstrated ability to:
o perform preventive maintenance on all related cleaning equipment.
o apply the proper cleaning techniques necessary to keep assigned facility clean.
o establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and school staff.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 Year experience in a housekeeping or environmental service role (Required)
Primary Location: Fort Washington, PA
We are looking for candidates that can work Mon-Fri 3:30pm-11:00pm
Please submit your resume to email@example.com for an immediate interview
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org