- This position keeps the facility in a clean and sanitary condition following established policies and procedures. With a particular emphasis on patient and non-patient units, cleans and maintains patient rooms, rest rooms and common areas within the Healthcare facilities. Perform various janitorial/environmental services necessary in maintaining a clean and safe environment as well as room turnovers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
- 1 Year experience in a recent housekeeping or environmental services role (Required)
- 1 Year experience in floor maintenance utilizing commercial equipment.
- 1 Year experience working in a health care environment performing housekeeping duties.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Effectively cleans facility areas which may include:
- Patient rooms, inpatient and outpatient treatment areas, including operating rooms, Labor and Delivery areas, Nurseries, Laboratories, restrooms, common areas and classrooms contained within the facility.
- Removes municipal and medical waste (including recyclable materials) from accumulation areas and delivers to the appropriate disposal containers.
- Cleans and maintains corridors, stairways, entrance ways, sidewalks and other facility areas.
- Orders, receives, restocks and maintains supplies for daily use in work area.
- Responds and takes action in all emergency situations involving floods and spills.
- Performs Isolation procedures and other related duties as directed.
- Performs discharge and transfer duties according to proper procedure. Beds, Bathrooms and all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected.
- Sets up and removes special equipment and furniture in rooms. Moves furniture, equipment and various items for personnel. Sets up and removes furniture, displays, etc. for all events.
- Operates power and manual floor cleaning equipment following established departmental procedures.
- Maintains all equipment used in daily operation. Reports any equipment damaged equipment to the department.
Must be able to pass all Clearances (Background, Drug, Occupational Health, FBI and have proof of Covid Vaccines. These are long term temporary positions with possibility of permanent employment. For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org