Long term position – temporary to HIRE position in a prestigious Philadelphia Hospital
Manage the administrative and financial functions that support operations of numerous programs within the department. Facilitates multiple ongoing projects, designs and maintains multiple databases and dashboards, manages staff schedules, and oversees department orientation and staff development. Directly supervises office administration personnel and is responsible for the oversight and effective operations of all clerical support activities, purchasing/supply management, fiscal monitoring of multiple budgets, and billing operations.
1. Manages financial functions for all department programs.
- In collaboration with Director and/or program Managers, effectively manages the budget for all units and/or programs, authorizing purchases and expenses accordingly.
- Collaborates continuously with Financial Business partner to assure financial compliance and accuracy for all program budgets and billing.
- Provides oversight of data management and billing responsibilities.
- Responsible for managing all staff financial inquiries and requests (e.g. unit orders,conference registrations, travel requests, etc.).
- Identifies and purchases supplies and equipment for the multiple programs as needed.
2. Provides supervision to cross-functional clerical staff.
- Provides direction and supervision of the other clerical support staff, including recognition of outstanding work and counseling/discipline of substandard work.
- Assigns administrative support duties to the other support staff in order to achieve smooth operation of all programs.
- Assures high level of productivity, efficiency and effective customer service of clerical support staff.
- In collaboration with the Directors and Managers, completes annual performance appraisals and counseling and disciplinary actions for assigned staff.
3. Manages department staffing schedules
- Maintains the weekday, weekend, and holiday on-call schedules for department staff, including tracking of referrals and ensuring shifts are adequately covered.
4. Oversees staff orientation and ongoing educational needs
- Coordinates all elements of new employee orientation needs, including communication with hire prior to start date.
- Creates and updates new hire orientation content and packets as needed
- Develops new hire orientation schedules in collaboration with hiring managers.
- Coordinates new employee material needs (e.g., keys, Ascom phones, mailbox, belongings space).
- Updates and prepares the New Employee Orientation binder and provides office orientation for all new hires.
5. Quality/Process Improvement
- Leads and/or assists with special projects, including coordinating staffing for the project, maintaining minutes and project schedules and deadlines.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and standards set forth by regulatory agencies.
- Develops and implements operational improvements as indicated.
- Collaborates with Director and program Managers on dashboard development for all programs.
- Monitors ongoing key indicators to improve services/care across all programs.
- Oversees and maintains departmental data collection.
- Handles patient/family complaints and problems.
6. Provides administrative support to the Director, Managers and staff of the department.
- Maintains calendars, sets up appointments, and coordinates meetings.
- Manages the Community site, including the addition/deletion of staff, advising staff on how to access and navigate the site, and managing site files.
- Updates department phone directory in collaboration with the Telecommunications Department.
- Manages a high volume of internal and external calls for all programs within the departments. Discerns urgent calls and acts on them appropriately. Arranges for phone coverage utilizing all support staff as needed.
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail and high volumes of packages for the department.
- Makes sure all areas are sufficiently stocked with necessary supplies. Tracks supply inventory levels, processes purchase orders for the Departments, and stocks and maintains office and departmental supplies in an orderly and organized fashion. Carefully monitors usage of supplies and equipment to eliminate or minimize waste and/or misuse of supplies and equipment.
Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
Required Experience: At least five (5) years of related experience in administrative support or management position.
Preferred Education: Associate’s degree
Preferred Experience: Experience in a healthcare setting
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com