The Escort transports patients, equipment and deceased persons as required following established methods and procedures. Assists nursing personnel with patient handling and transfers; and is responsible for maintaining and cleaning transportation equipment. Requires an FBI Fingerprint Check before starting in this position.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
- 1 Year experience in healthcare setting. (Preferred) General Experience in patient transportation, (Preferred)
- Customer Service Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Equipment Maintenance – Escort
- Cleans and maintains equipment assigned to the Transportation Department, as directed.
- Ensures adequate supplies of oxygen for escort department.
- Ensures that any disabled equipment is tagged, removed from service and brought to the attention of the appropriate authority.
Patient Customer Service
- Maintains excellent public relations with patients, families, physicians, and hospital staff.
- Addresses issues or potential issues involving customer service and identifies process improvement opportunities.
- Ensures that patients, their families, visitors, customers and staff members are treated with kindness and respect.
- Collaborates with Hospital personnel to ensure optimal patient care and promote a positive working environment in unit and Hospital.
Delivery Functions Escort
- Picks up and delivers specimens and/or reports to appropriate department, as necessary.
- Provides oxygen tanks to various departments throughout hospital. Delivers wheelchairs to lobbies as well as the emergency department on an hourly basis.
Patient Transportation – Escort
- Transports or escorts patients to and from all areas in the hospital in a courteous, safe and efficient manner.
- Removes deceased patients from all areas of the hospital and delivers to morgue refrigerators in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Assists nursing personnel with patient handling (getting patients in and out of bed, transferring patients, etc.)
- Performs dispatching function as directed.
- Checks patient identifiers to ensure that the correct patient is transported to the correct procedure.
This is a long- term temporary position with possibility of a perm position. Must be able to pass all Background, Drug, and Occupational Health Clearances. Must be able to work weekends.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com