· Ensures that all patients are correctly and efficiently registered for hospital services. Gathers and processes all registration, billing, and related information from patients in the Hospital, Offices and Departments associated with the Hospital. Verifies patient insurance coverage and benefits. Reviews registration process and flow with patients and families. Continually promotes a positive patient encounter as the first impression of the Hospital.
This is a long-term temporary position that could become permanent. The work hours would be 8AM-4:30PM Monday to Friday.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
· 3 Years’ experience in a related role. (Required)
REGISTRAR/PATIENT INTERVIEWER DUTIES
-Greet every patient and explain the registration process and flow to promote a full understanding of the process.
– Assists patients with missing required documentation such as pre certifications, referrals, and other insurance information by following up with Drs offices and other facilities as needed.
-Actively listens to patient to confirm a full understanding of the patients’ needs and asks appropriate questions.
– Identifies any patient requiring financial assistance and directs them to the Financial Services Department accordingly.
– Handles problems of a sensitive and/or confidential nature in a professional
– Properly identifies each patient by interviewing the patient and accurately
obtaining, verifying, and recording required information for pre-registration or
registration and billing purposes into the systems as required.
– Reviews and obtains all required signatures from patient such as the
General Treatment Consent, HIPAA and other related documents.
– Requests and collects appropriate payments for patient visits and refers cash
payments to the cashier or appropriate contact.
– Prepares and places accurate identification wrist band on patient verifying
– Reviews completed treatment records and logs necessary information.
Ensures that all appropriate forms are included in the patient’s chart and
– Accesses daily patient schedules from several computerized scheduling
systems and ensures that all precertification requirements, pre-approval/pre
registrations processes are complete and available.
– Verifies medical insurance coverage including effective dates, precertification
requirements, authorization requirements/numbers, pre-approval processes
and required submission forms. This can include reverification for follow
Must be able to pass all clearances (Background, Drug, FBI, Child Abuse and Occupational Health). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com