· Ensures that all patients are correctly and efficiently registered for hospital services. Gathers and processes all registration, billing, and related information from patients in the Admissions, Outpatient, Radiology areas and/or Emergency Department. Verifies patient insurance coverage and benefits. Reviews registration process and flow with patients and families. Continually promotes a positive patient encounter as the first impression of the Hospital. This is a long-term temporary position that could become permanent. The work hours would be 8AM-4:30PM Monday to Friday.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
· 3 Years’ experience in a related role. (Required)
REGISTRAR/PATIENT INTERVIEWER DUTIES
-Greets every patient and explains the registration process and flow to promote a full understanding of the process.
– Assists patients with missing required documentation such as pre certifications, referrals, and other insurance information by following up with Drs offices and other facilities as needed.
-Actively listens to patient to confirm a full understanding of the patients’ needs and asks appropriate questions.
– Identifies any patient requiring financial assistance and directs them to the Financial Services Department accordingly.
– Handles problems of a sensitive and/or confidential nature in a professional manner.
– Properly identifies each patient by interviewing the patient and accurately obtaining, verifying, and recording required information for pre-registration or registration and billing purposes into the systems as required.
– Reviews and obtains all required signatures from patient such as the General Treatment Consent, HIPAA and other related documents.
– Requests and collects appropriate payments for patient visits and refers cash payments to cashier or appropriate contact.
– Prepares and places accurate identification wrist band on patient verifying patient identification.
– Reviews completed treatment records and logs necessary information.
Ensures that all appropriate forms are included in the patient’s chart and financial folders.
– Accesses daily patient schedules from several computerized scheduling systems and ensures that all precertification requirements, pre-approval/pre
registrations processes are complete and available.
– Verifies medical insurance coverage including effective dates, precertification requirements, authorization requirements/numbers, pre-approval processes and required submission forms. This can include reverification for follow up/returning patients.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com